15 Fun “Winter” Holiday Events in Florida
I’ll go ahead and skip the winter weather comparison part of this post. It’s Florida — it’s warm, we know, we know … but Floridians can have winter fun, too, and with just as much holiday gusto! And we don’t have to shovel anything except sand for our beach castles.
So, put on your (entirely ornamental) scarves and boots, and let’s get into the spirit of all things frosty with these cool events.
Holiday Ice Skating
- Winter Village at Curtis Hixon Park (Tampa; Nov. 17 – Jan. 5)
- RDV Ice Den Snow Fest (Maitland/Orlando; Dec. 16)
- Winter in the Park (Winter Park/Orlando; Nov.18 – Jan. 7)
Faux Snow Falls
- Nightly Snowfall with Carolers and more (Celebration; Nov. 25 and throughout Dec.)
- Miracle on Cleveland Street (Clearwater; Dec. 2)
- Mount Dora Christmas (Mount Dora; Nov. 25 and throughout Dec.)
- St. Pete/ Clearwater Holiday Events (Nov. 24 and throughout Dec.)
- Christmas at Gaylord Palms (Kissimmee; Nov. 21 – Jan. 7)
- Stetson Mansion Christmas Tours (DeLand; Nov. 15 – Jan. 15)
- Light Up the Night (Punta Gorda; Dec. 1)
- Christmas at Bok Tower Gardens (Lake Wales; Nov. 24 – Jan. 8)
- Holly Days and Mangrove Nights (Historic Spanish Point in Osprey; Nov. 24 and throughout Dec.)
- Light Up UCF (Orlando area; Nov. 27 and throughout Dec. )
- Sarasota Area Holiday Events (Dec. 1 – 31)
- Christmas in the Square – take your family photo in a giant snow globe! (Sanford at Magnolia Square; Dec. 1)
Sub Zero Ice Bars
These ice bar options listed here are not holiday events, but open year round. It’s a unique way to experience “winter” here in Florida.
Here’s to hot chocolate, winter fun and … flip flops. I wish you a fantastic season!
-Laura Huffman, originally posted on State27Homes